Warranty and Customer Information for Concrete Services
Burnaby Blacktop Ltd. works hard to ensure that you will have high quality, long lasting concrete around your home or business. Whether it is your sidewalk, driveway, garage or stairs you are assured that we will do the best we can to meet or exceed your expectations.
Our crew members are properly trained to prepare, set up, pour and finish concrete to the highest of industry standards. We ensure our team keeps up to date with the latest materials and techniques. We work hand in hand with our concrete producers and suppliers in order to give you the highest quality materials.
Our Company offers different types of finishes. Exposed aggregate, broom or polished finishes. We also offer a wide variety of stamped finish patterns in different colours to suit your own personal style.
If you would like more information about this, please call us at 1-778-855-0513.
What to Expect
- It is common for surfaces made of concrete to crack. While this is not a desirable outcome, it is bound to happen. To minimise this, we install crack control joints in the areas where concrete is most likely to crack.
- As your contractor, we will always do our best to control the cracking but there is No Guarantee that the concrete surface will not crack in other areas.
- Cracks that are 3/16” in size or less are considered as normal and within the industry standards.
- Another common concern is colour. It is not possible for us to match the colour of your existing concrete surfaces due to several factors. There are also instances where your driveway may not match exactly if it requires the need to pour more than one truck load of concrete in it.
- In addition, concrete placements that are done on different days or if you have colour added to it may also result in variance in the shades. To make it less noticeable, we suggest a slightly different shade for the borders or margins to separate the sections. Most of these colours are minor and will probably fade over time.
- Another misconception is that your sidewalk, driveway, garage or stairs will last and hold indefinitely. This is not true. Exterior concrete is subject to sunlight exposure, inclement weather and heavy vehicle traffic.
- While concrete is a very strong and durable product, it is not always without flaws. There are instances wherein the surface appears to be popping or flaking off. It this appears, it is quite possible that a stone or stones close to the surface popped out during the drying process. This is nothing to worry about since this does not mean that the integrity of the slab is compromised.
- You may notice a difference between your concrete driveway and walkway from that of your neighbours though the same finishing has been done. This is common and should not cause concern on your part. Concrete is a wearing surface and it may change texture over time.
Warranty Terms and Conditions
- Cracked Concrete
- The industry standard for repair is greater than a 4/16” displacement (either gap or height). These cracks can be filled with industry standard materials.
How To Take Care Of Your Concrete Surfaces
- Seal coat your concrete surface using a good quality sealer. This is a service that we also offer to ensure that your concrete surface stays durable for many years to come.
- Please allow 7 – 14 days drying time before you drive on your new concrete driveway.
- Do not allow water to drain under the slab as this may result in settlement cracks.
- Refrain from using de-icing chemicals such as salt for snow and ice removal on the first winter after installation. You may use sand for traction to avoid damages.
- Never use de-icers that contain ammonium nitrate or ammonium sulphate such as fertilisers to your concrete surface. These products are known to aggressively attack and damage concrete. (This will cause popping and flaking which is not covered under the warranty)
- If you plan to seal your driveway yourself, make sure that you follow the instructions listed for sealer application. (Warranty voided if Burnaby Blacktop does not install sealer)
- Do not use harsh chemicals to remove stains. You may use a product that is specially designed to remove the stain or for use on concrete surfaces.
Burnaby Blacktop Ltd. Guarantees all work performed comes with a 1-year workmanship & materials warranty